Window switch & Sunvisors

I need a power window switch for 1978 450SL and also 2 sunvisors. Any ideas where I might get them?

Reply to
Bill & Karen Slentz

What is wrong with your visors?

Reply to
Karl

Switch is here:

Visors, dunno.

Good luck.

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

You can repair the switch yourself... just simply take it apart and clean out the copper contacts... 6 on the bottom and three points on each of the copper rockers...

Reply to
Tiger

I tried to figure out how to get mine apart, but it wasn't clear. The black plastic case looked like it was solid, with no way to access the internals. Is this not the fact? (FWIW, my failing one looks like it was replaced at some point, but neither of them look particularly user-serviceable.)

thx,

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

If you look on the side... you will see a privot button... and you will see that the switch rocks back and forth on that privot... With a small flat screwdriver... you can pry that side of the switch out a bit just enough to get the button out of the privot hole... repeat on the other side and it is out.

Reply to
Tiger