Wiring schematic for 300TE

My '92 300TE is in despirate need of an audio upgrade. The previous installation of an outdated Clarion has left the wiring for the audio circuit is disarray.

Any direction on a wiring diagram for a 300TE appreciated.

Chip L

Reply to
Chip L

It's a radio for petes sake. You don't need a wiring diagram.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

You don't but I do. There are at least 20 wires coming out of the amp and most have been cut are rewired

Reply to
Chip L

The color scheme from the old Clarion should pretty much match the scheme of a new stereo. YOu really only need three wires from the old. (+12v constant, +12v switched and Ground, if you have a power antena, then there is a 4th). YOu should wire up the speakers yourself. You need to bypass the fader.

Do an internet search and you will be able to find the information needed for the wiring pin-outs. But, it is much easier to use a cheap multi-meter. That is how I did it.

You should also look at replacing the old 6ohm speakers with real ones.

Reply to
thomcasey