Would a W126 500 SE engine fit in a R107 ?

I have an opportunity to buy an early '80s 500 sl convertible with a broken engine (it has no cyl. heads, they are gone). However I do have a (running) engine + gearbox from a W126 500 se. Would this engine fit in the convertible and would it be a straight forward job? The engine numbers are different: 117.962 for the SL and 117.965 for the SE. Or could I just switch the cylinder heads to the SL engine?

Regards

Kris

Reply to
kris

Yes it will fit... however, you need to bring all electronics from that later model.

Reply to
Tiger