75 midget questions

Hi guys .. just bought a 75 1500 midget here is San Diego (usa)
Real quick questions if someone could help me
1. at highway speeds (60-70 type thing) the car is all over the place.
I noticed that the camber of the allignment is severe and was wondering if this could be causing this. (the bottoms of the wheels sticks out much farther than the tops of the wheels.) the person I bought the car from says they all are like this.
2. I have to stand on the brakes to get it to stop. It is obviously manual brakes with no vacumn assist. I was wonderin if there is a kit to convert to power brakes ?
thanks thats it .. love this car !!
Mike
Hey Mike
Joe in New Jersey here '77 Midget
Mine is also all over the road when bumpy,I figured it may need shocks or top up thr oil in the shocks
Mine also requires a lot of pedal pressure when braking,these traits may be the nature of the beast so to speak
my experiences only Joe V

Mike_in_SD wrote:

Have the springs sagged?
Top bushes?

Dont know about the springs. I am having it alligned by a great shop so will find out then.
My other vehicle is a street rod 34 ply coupe ... so .. I have no qualms about throwing in power brakes and doing whatever is needed to the suspension to stable it up a bit. The value of these things isnt that great to worry about keeping it totally original.
If I do anything that I think might be interesting to you guys .. I'll let you know.
thanks for the replies mike