crossflow heads and roller rockers

Does anyone in this group have experience with the alloy crossflow type cylinder heads and roller rockers on an MGB? We have a good, strong fresh engine in our '70 B-GT and I'm tempted to try one of the new crossflows being offered by Pierce Manifolds and others. They make great claims for added urge, but then they would, wouldn't they?

It makes sense that the engine is going to breathe considerably better with a crossflow head, as long as it is well designed and properly made, but the only way I can get to examine one close up it to order it and try it.

I also fancy the roller rockers which are being offered with a very slight lift advantage over stock. In theory they should lessen the valve train clatter of the B motor and also lessen side loads on the valve stems and guides.

My block has already been modified to ensure that the valves won't clip the top of the block with a higher-lift cam, so there should be no problem adding a tiny bit of lift with the rockers.

Any imput from someone with experience of such mods would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, KH Canada.

Reply to
Kevin Hall