help stabbing transmission into engine (early '74 B)

Guys,

Against standard procedure, I removed my transmission with the engine still in the car. Not I'm trying to get it back in, and can't make the last few inches. I suspect the sudden resistance involves the splines. The clutch was not disturbed while the transmission was out, and the hole looks clear viewed from behind (I rigged up a camera and used my computer as a video monitor.). I've tried levering the engine down, jacking it up, and approaching from just about every angle and rotation position. Any ideas?

TNX! Dave

Reply to
no

In gear - Turn the tailshaft so that the input shaft splines will slot into the clutch plate.

Reply to
Rob

Thanks, I'll try it.

Reply to