High idle speed

Following on from my earlier thread (filter in vacuum pipe) I replaced the pipe with the correct part then had a man-in-a-van Crypton tuner round... and try as he may he couldn't get the car to idle slow enough. Setting up the carbs with the vac pipe off went fine, hooking it back up brought the revs up (as expected), but it then he wasn't able to bring them down enough without stalling.

I called the MGOC technical helpline and was told this was quite normal, and most folks simply permanently disconnect the vac line - which is what was done in the end. I'm no expert but isn't this going the reduce my already terrible MPG even more? And can't something else be done?

Thanks,

Carl.

Reply to
Carl Woffenden