Question about MG TFs

Howdy! I'm an Austin / Morris / MG fan from way back, new to this group. I make my living playing piano in a number of bands, including the JJ Cale Band. First visited the UK with the Cale Tour of 1994.

My first car was a 1949 MG TC in 1956. I raced an MGA and a Mini in the 60's in Canada, at Mosport and Harewood Acres. I now own 5 Minis, two of them roadworthy, just sold a delivery van today. I have an MGA I'm restoring and a Victor/MG TF-1 Special, which is an MGB tricked out with a fiberglass replica TF body and TF chrome, lights, trim and upholstery.

The cars:

My question is regarding the Victor. Each car was made by conflating an MGB and a TF on a special frame. The one I have seems to be unique, in that it has a very heavy solid brass (or possibly bronze) grill surround, All of the TFs I have ever seen have a pressed steel grill surround that is quite light. This one weighs quite a bit, I would estimate 35 pounds or more.

So, anybody ever run into a TF with the heavy chrome-plated brass surround?

-Rock

JJ Cale Live CD and video:
Wednesday Night Science Project:
Frisco's LIBERTY website: