MG TF 160

I hope someone can answer these ones.

I've ordered my TF160, and spec'ed it without AirCon.

Of course, with this recent hot weather I'm begining to doubt the wisdom of this and would like to some advice from those that have, and those that don't have the air con option.

The other thing is, according to the TF brochure an interior matched hood cover is supplied on all cars except the TF115, however according to the price list, its an option on all cars.

Can anybody confirm what the latest situation is?

My interior is the Red version, if that helps.

Also, is the factory back up and running yet, and whats the latest on deliver times for vehicles ordered mid July ?

Thanks for any help Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Its strange that the largest sales of soft tops is in the northern European countries. Or maybe not. when it is hot, the last thing you want is an open top, where the sun rays can cause more damage to your skin, so a soft top up and air con on is a healthier option in high sun than an open top. yes is cloudy, or cooler weather a soft top is great.

Reply to
Alan

Shaun. cover is supplied

Reply to
steve-s

Shaun air con dries out leather inside car seats ect

Reply to
steve-s

Aircon in a soft top is just bizarre. If you are concerned about the suns effects slap on the factor 50 or get something with a hard top.

Right, suns out so I'm off for a drive. Into the Volvo 960, aircon at full. Too tank-like for the country roads, I'll go sit on the M25 for a couple of hours.

I would take the Midget but I'll save that for the winter.

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

No, not really, soft tops typically get dripping wet in the winter and the air conditioning can dry them out. On the motorway in the summer, you may want the hood up, and air conditioning is very useful here.

Also, in hotter climates, air conditioning is essential - my father-in-law's Porsche convertible has air conditioning, and he lives in the Central Valley, California. Hood down for the spring and autumn, hood up and a/c for the summer. Either / or for the winter! :)

Reply to
DervMan

I have MGTF, and must admit that its been a tad hot these last few weeks- but realistically how often do we get weather like this !

You'll enjoy it dude, whatever the weather. I have a hardtop for winter.

father-in-law's

Reply to
Gary

It's a shame to miss all those cold and sunny days we get in the winter though!

Reply to
Nick Mason

Just takes a minute to change the roof for the weekend ;-)

Reply to
Gary