MGB - No spark

Hi. I've just fitted my refurbished engine - but no spark. Replaced coil (twice), fitted new electronic distributor, leads, plugs. Have 11.8v
going into coil. Occaisionally get one spark immediately upon starting to turn over, then nothing. Before I torch the car, I'd appreciate any ideas. Nick
moll1143 wrote:

So the wire from the coil to the distributor is on the correct terminal? Is it a neg earth car?
Does the points spark when turning over the car and the distributor cap is off?
Did you statically time the car?
Thanks for your interest Rob.
It has negative earth and the leads are correct as per the instructions that came with my new distributor. It is electronic ignition so I cannot see any spark. Yes - I did statically time the car. Used wires and bulb to check as per haynes manual. Nick
What make / type of electronic distributor? Regards Robert