Midget 1500 unleaded fuel question

How well does the std Midget 1500 (1976vintage) head cope with unleaded fuel or LRP? Can it take 50-50. Thanks everyone. James N Wales

Reply to
James Mather

Mine ran for nearly 30,000 on unleaded, daily use for nearly 4 years. When I took it of the road it was for big ends not valve seats. The tappets didn't need more than usual adjusting and gaps were always wide not tight. Unless you expect to do loads of motorway miles then I doubt you will have a problem. Certainly don't bother with head work unless the head is coming of for something else anyway.

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme