waving

Hi all The tradition is that "ALL" mg owners wave to one another,this does not always happen. Try it and you will so see everyone waving . Steve-S

Reply to
steve-s

I always wave to any old convertible british cars when I'm in mine. Usually they wave back, but often they have the roof up and don't. I somehow see these as connected facts.

Personally, I wouldn't bother driving with the roof up unless it was raining.

Reply to
Sales!

I was not aware that British cars had "roofs." My '74 chrome B certainly doesn't.

Tommy T.

Reply to
Tommy T.

Real Mini drivers do wave to other real Minis and most other British cars, in the USA at least. I wave to Minis when I'm driving one of my MGs.

I drove the TF one winter with no top at all. Got down to about 20 degrees f.

-Rock

Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website:
's best free News Service:

Rocky Frisco

"Roof," "top," "hood," what's the difference? ;)

Picture taken today in Tulsa, OK, USA:

-Rock

Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website:
's best free News Service:

Rocky Frisco

Couldn't you coordinate the colours :)

rm

Reply to
Rob

I don't wave to mini drivers either in the mini or the MG. But a couple of months ago a Merc convertable waved to me in the MG. (62'B')

Winter's the best time to drive around with the hood down too hot in summer which is now.

Reply to
Rob

eh? this is UK.rec.cars.mg - its bloody freezing in UK in the winter.

Reply to
Doug

Guess so, but I doubt the people who own that tree would want it in Iris Blue.

-Rock

Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website:
's best free News Service:

Rocky Frisco

I'm guessing Rob is in Oz or Kiwi. I'm in Oklahoma, where it sometimes gets below zero C. in the winter; as mentioned, I drove the TF all winter with no top a few years ago.

-Rock

Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website:
's best free News Service:
with JJ Cale & Eric Clapton:

Rocky Frisco

But these cars which I have are UK types - even if they were assembled here originally or have found there way to Oklahoma.

rm

Reply to
Rob

Wasn' trying to be arsey Rob - but top down in the middle of winter in Scotland is only sustainable for short periods withouy hypothermia setting in. Its a mystery that UK was the source of so many open top cars.

Reply to
Doug

There's not all *that* much difference from scotland to the south coast, and it's freezing for everyone. OTOH, with a v8 and the fresh air duct removed, you're doing well if you can get cold in mine. The bit that does get cold and lacks heat from the engine is the top of my head, so a wooly hat is necessary to avoid "who's driving" syndrome. :)

I'm the one with the roof up but all the windows down / zipped out, when it is snowing heavily, in traffic jams.

Reply to
Sales!

: >>> Personally, I wouldn't bother driving with the roof up unless it was : >>

: >>

: >> raining. : >

: >

: >> I was not aware that British cars had "roofs." My '74 chrome B certainly : >> doesn't. : >>

: >> Tommy T. : >

: >

: > "Roof," "top," "hood," what's the difference? ;) : >

: > Picture taken today in Tulsa, OK, USA: : >

: >

: : Couldn't you coordinate the colours :) : : rm : : > -Rock

> -- : > Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website:
> World's best free News Service:

I just wave to the MGF's and TF's which have nice looking girls.

-- VOTE FOR AN INDEPENDENT ENGLAND VOTE SNP

uNkulunkulu uMvelinqangi Mina bona wena mina bona lo mombi yena lo shatini Skat lo Boss yena fika, nika yena iwhisky

snipped-for-privacy@izulu.kya.kamina

Reply to
uNkulunkulu