ZT facelift

Perhaps this isn't 'MG' enough to be on this board, but I've just seen the pictures in Auto Express of the facelifted ZT. NOT an improvement, I don't think. I know the current version is a tweeked, but essentially badge-engineered Rover 75, but it looks OK. But the new nose looks characterless and clumsy, almost like a prototype in disguise. The equivalent Rover facelift looks better. It would be nice if future Rover and MG models could have different body styling, rather like VW-SEAT-Skoda models, while sharing mechanical components, floorpans etc. OK, it would cost money, but it might sell more cars too.

Cheers,RB

Reply to
Prof Rollerball

You need to drive both vehicles if you think it is only "badge engineered" The two vheicles are completly different in terms of ride and handling. I talk from experiance, having had a 75 Conn SE 2.5 and now drive a 190 ZT-T

Wait until you see the actual models on the road.

They do have different body styling! BMW deliberatly designed the 75 so that it could not sit on lowered springs, the whole of the front bumper/Grille assy had to be re designed. VW Seat do not have different body styling, look at the Alhambra and the Sharan, look at the Peugeot 806, the Citroen C8 and the Fiat (who cares what it is called)

Reply to
Alan