Because this isn't Talkaudio

Can anyone recommend some decent sounding 13cm speakers? Components would be fine, can't be arsed running an amp in the car as it doesn't need to be especially loud.

Reply to
Doki

And because this isn't Talkaudio, can they please be on the right side of £100 at the absolute maximum?

Reply to
Doki

A good selection of 13cm full range ones - I've used them before and they're good. Helpful on the phone, and order was here quickly and correctly.

Going towards the top of that budget I'd be considering the Infinity Kappas myself - Infinity stuff always sounds great to me. YMMV of course. Anything by Fli isn't as shit as the price suggests - they're just last years re-badged Vibe stuff - and Vibe is alright for the money. I'm a Pioneer man myself - no real reason, just have always had Pioneer :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I don't know but I've been told that Infinitys are a bit heavy on the treble, which is something I'd like to avoid if this means they sound like Mission speakers, which always seem to be reviewed well but sound horrific to me.

My home system consists of whatever CD player I can find cheap second hand, an Arcam Alpha 3 amp and KEF Cresta 2s, and it sounds alright to me, bar being a bit lacking for really deep bass. If I could get something with that sort of sound - not anywhere near that kind of quality but with a similar frequency response, I'd be a happy chappy. At the end of the day, the car's not going to have any extra sound deadening added, and it's not a quiet car, so it's never going to be worthwhile fitting a system with incredible sound quality.

Reply to
Doki

And another thing. The head unit I've got (Pioneer DEH-P77MP) claims to be able to drive a sub, I think by using the output from both rear channels. Which would be fine by me for the time being, as the car will very rarely have anyone in the back. Anyone know if these things work well?

Reply to
Doki

Have you considered a cheeky little under seat sub?

I have one of these in the Vee -

fits under the passenger seat and has a little wired remote you can change the bass (I set it and threw it under the set as well heh). Cranked up though it gives more bass than you'd ever realistically need heh. Running the head unit on 3/5 and the sub on 50% is plentiful for me - so there is scope for a lot more if you need it.

Reply to
Iridium

I like the 77MP - looks cool. It's that chromey one yea? Anyway, it'll have a simple sub outlet on the back - just looks like a normal aux in/out - red and white sockets. See my other post for sub recommendations - I see that one is out of stock at CAD - I got one brand new off of eBay for about £120 delivered iirc.

Reply to
Iridium

Brushed aluminium front. Supposed to sound very good too, but it's not wired up as the Golf is lacking a lot of dashboard at the minute. I've been having a look at the subs - can be had for £70 or so on ebay, but TBH it'll have to wait. Other bits need doing first, but for now it does need some kind of radio...

Reply to
Doki

Focals

Reply to