MG-ZT

Saw this thing down at Silverstone yesterday, think it might have been one of those 385 thingies (not sure tho 'cos it didn't seem tarted up or anything).

Could be a worthy successor to the ti tho I reckon :)

Reply to
Lordy

That is VERY sideways in that first pic.

I want one!

What was going on anyway? Some kind of MG demo day or what?

Reply to
Dan405

D'you think it might possibly be RWD ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes, from the second picture.

I've experienced Kermit doing an ass-out slide that I was told looked as dramatic as 75a, although in fairness (a) I don't believe it was, (b) it was icy, and (c) it more by (mis)fortune than skill. :/

Reply to
DervMan

Heh, you spotted that as well then :)

That's why I thought it might have been the new V8 Rover 75, because they are rear wheel drive unlike normal models.

Reply to
Lordy

At a tenner each for me and the missus it was a pretty good day out (lasted from 10 in the morning to 4.30pm) I'll post some more pics if anyone is interested, took about 180 :)

Lots of stars there, Tiff Needell, Justin Wilson (jeezus that bloke is thinner than sticky the stick insect), Penti Airikkala, etc.

Reply to
Lordy

Was it televised again this year?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

honest ...............;-)

John F - still remembering my Monza and BMW 3.0si fondly, especially the beemer which had 200bhp, 1960s suspension and mud and snow tyres.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It is RWD.

Reply to
Nom

The only difference is the twin-tailpipes - more info here

:)

Reply to
Nom

sni

And the subtle "V8" badges! Autocar have a good look at it this week.

The same engine is used by several /very/ fast cars - drop in the Koenigsegg (sp?) tuned version and you'd have the /ultimate/ Q-car!!!

Jamesy

OK, I think I might need to turn my subtlety down a few notches. Like I didn't clock the rear hides being fried to within an inch of their lives ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle