Ashamed to ask this, but...

On the 2000 Z3 there appears to be a storage compartment between the roll hoops. Is this true?

If so, I can't for the life of me find a latch mechanism anywhere, and I'm afraid to force it without knowing the coirrect means of opening it.

I've been googling like crazy and haven't found anything on this. Maybe it isn't storage at all?

Thanks! Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

My '97 had a large, convenient storage area there (but no hoops). IIRC, it was replaced by a woofer for the audio system beginning around 1999.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

There is a woofer under it, but it looks like there is still a storage area above the woofer, maybe 8-10 inches high. Looking at it from the back I can see what appear to be the hinges.

I have found a picture of a similar storage bin, but that had an obvious button for a latch. No buttons on mine.

Thanks Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

I assume you've RTFM (page 90 for the 2000)? The coupes have a storage area there, the roadsters have an optional (?) storage box with an obvious release button.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Don't have a manual yet. Planning to get one ASAP. Thought I might find one downloadable online, but no luck so far.

If as you say the storage box is optional, then my guess is that it was not opted by the original owner (car started life as a 1-year lease).

Thanks Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Go to the BMWNA web site and join the "Owner's Circle" for free. You will then be able to download an owners manual for your 2000 (or later) BMW.

Fred W

Thanks Fred, A couple of other people have recommended that via email (thanks guys), so I did.

Excellent advise! Mike