Break pad question

The shop said I was running less than 10% remaining on the break pads and that they would run metal on metal BEFORE the sensor light comes on.
I can't believe the sensor would not come on sooner.
snipped-for-privacy@oh-yoohoo.edu wrote:

It would - they're talking bollocks, always wise to visually inspect your brake pads every couple of months anyway.
--
Cheerz - Brownz
'89 K100RS

What are bollocks? I googled it and I don't believe they have anything to do with breaks.
snipped-for-privacy@oh-yoohoo.edu wrote:

You're not that bright are you ?
And it's brakes, not breaks - which appears to be something that your cerebral cortex is enjoying at the moment.
--
Cheerz - Brownz
'89 K100RS

Thanks for the help.