Rear break pad change

All,

I'm going to replace my rear brake pads on the 98 Legacy L for the first time. She has 92K miles! Started "hearing" the need to replace the pads two days ago. I have replaced the front pads (and had the rotors turned etc) a few times and was wondering: Will the rear be as simple as the front? What about the emergency brake? Anything I should be wary of?

Thanks,

DJay

Reply to
djay

Your car probably has a standard drum type brake as the emergency brake with the disc setup being the main brake. The rotor/drum combo is a tophat shaped affair. very straight forward and you probably won't mess with the e brake at all. It does worry me that you heard something...better check the rotor and replace or turn it if need be. TG

Reply to
TG

Nope,

Discs in the rear and sqeal bar was in contact with the rotor... hence the noise. Had the rotors turned and finished up in under an hour.

Djay

Reply to
djay