Mini rusting

This is a growing story on NAM and MotoringFile.com. If you're affected, make some noise to your dealer and BMW! One person with an early '06 has also seen signs of rust. That's unbelievable!

Danno

Reply to
Danno

lots of waxoil & thick underseal should sort it out,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Interesting... I will keep an eye on my '06 MCS hardtop.

I am a bit concerned at how much water pours out of the rear hatch when I lift it after a car wash.

I hope this is not a problem in the long run.

Reply to
J. Patrick Brandt

Well you could complain to BMW, all these horror story's you would think they would get their act together,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

No rusting so far on my '02. You'll find "horror stories" surround any make or model. The horror stories I used to hear about British Leyland and MG didn't stop me from owning three "B's".

Not saying that there aren't certain models you should avoid, but speaking from my own experience (and the experience of the vast majority of MINI owners and automotive writers), BMW had their act together from the beginning with the MINI.

dauph

Steve68s wrote:

Reply to
dauph59

Checked the sills and they are as pristine as the day we bought the car.

Reply to
grinder

I see the rust is spreading along the sills, but does it not seem to start where you would swing your feet in/out? if so it is just muppets banging their heels. Now i know this is no excuse for BMW, but a simple workaround would be to learn how to get in.

Reply to
RS

Aye, just checked my 53 plate MCS, no signs of rust at all, no bubbling, no fade.

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)