Oil companies collusion, again

Looks like the oil companies are in collusion again, they setting prices in lock step. There should be a government investigation of the outrage. If one drop the price the rest follow, some have even lowered the price twice on the same day. As low as $2.49 a gallon is ridiculous, the President oil buddies are working from the VPs Halliburton play book I'll bet LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

We are paying three bucks in NC.

By the way I was looking at the new Mercury version of the Ford fusion (it began with M). They also had the Mercury version of the 500 sitting there with the same engine but less power in a bigger, heavier car. The salesman told me his mother got one of the big ones. I asked how she liked it. One word: "underpowered". LOL

Reply to
Art

We're down to 2.67 here in Kankakee. Should be about 2.00.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Depending on where you are in North Carolina, gas is as low as $2.59 (Sheetz on Capital Blvd, North of Raleigh, NC).

My Father has a Freestyle (same size as a 500) and it is not underpowered - at least compared to other family sedans I have driven recently. I suppose compared to a Charger with a hemi it is slow, but how many people buying a "family" car really need or even want a hemi? According to CR, the 0 to 60 for a 500 is 8.7 sec ( a full second faster than a 4 cylinder, manual Camry and roughly the same as a Chrysler 300 V-6). Not awesome, but certainly not bad either. And it is an easy car to drive quickly. Some cars I have driven have lots of power and are really fast if you floor them, but you really have to work hard to keep up with traffic. Dad's Freestyle seemed effortless. No dramatic actions needed. Generally a really nice, if undramatic car.

Reply to
Ed White

$2.27 in the upper midwest and lower slobovia.

Reply to
.dbu.

We in California are paying the same as you Art. In your case, you get finished fuel products from refiners affected by the hurricanes. In our case, crude oil comes from Alaska and from wells within our state. We cannot import finished fuel products from outside the state due to the fuel formulation differences and an agreement between the refiners and the State struck back in 1982 to prohibit fuel from being imported to CA.

Reply to
Philip

Toyota has the market covered on underpowered cars LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That is the result of the CV tranny, it is always on the torque curve. Torque is what gets you going and keeps you going at speed on the grades. Something most Toyota can't do. Particularly the eight out of ten Camrys sold that have the 4 cy engine.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You did not think all those extraordinarily tough environmental laws in California would not come at a cost did you?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I test drove one and I am still considering it. It seemed to me that it topped out at the high speeds on hills. Just seems a shame they put a more powerful engine in the smaller Fusion. The only other things that bothered me about the car was the cheap door panels and the skinny leg area for the driver. I believe the Freestyle I drove was AWD. Reportedly sales are poor. At least to start. Chrysler could not sell any Pacifias when they first came out but now they are all over the place selling like hot cakes. The Pacifica also could use more power. The Freestyle appears to be able to hold a heck of a lot more stuff.

Reply to
Art

My Supra TT doesn't seem to have any problems getting me going... 8)

Reply to
dizzy

It may seem that way, till one tries to 'go' alongside a Mustang GT ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

My Sienna has lots of power. I can lay a patch of rubber and beat any Caravan around. I've done it more than once. They tried, but gave up.

I will admit to wasting valuable fuel resources. Shame on me.

Reply to
.dbu.

The Mustang needs more horses to run with my TT. 8)

Reply to
dizzy

I don't know. I smoked a TransAm with my Previa the other day, and I still can't forget the time I smoked a 80's era Big Chevy with my 77 Corolla. Underpowered? I think not. The other vehicles are just wasteful.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Sure but not when you try to drive it up a steep grade at speed. ;)

mike hunt.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The Mustang GT will blow the doors of a TTand it will do it for thousnds of dolars less to drive home LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Get real, if you did the driver of the TransAm and the 80's era Big Chevy did not KNOW you were racing them, apparently. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

My 69 RoadRunner would blow the doors off your GT, so there!!

Reply to
.dbu.

It downshifts, I got five gears. Seriously it goes like hell.

Reply to
.dbu.