Mini Cooper 1.3 Wet Weather Probs

Hi, I've been having a poblem with my old mini (L reg) for a week or so now since we've had the wet weather. When I'm on the motorway it's running
fine, however when I get on to the slip road and stop at the roundabout it cuts out when I pull off in 1st gear. The engine stalls and I have to restart it, not very good on the roundabout! Does anyone know why this could be happening?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.mini / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Check the dashpot oil level. This was happening to my Elf recently, and it turned out the dashpot was almost empty. Make sure you use the corect grade (ie 20/50 engine oil) in it, as too light an oil can be just as bad.
--
Regards, Chris (Please take out my car to reply by plain text email)
---1967 Riley Elf---1978 Mini 1000---1971 Mini Clubman---