Moke Veers Left

Background: I just bought and installed all new adjustable doo daas. Before installation car tracked as straight as a Mini can I guess.

I set camber front and back to 0 degrees and toe in also to 0. I intend to get the correct toe once I have this current issue sorted.

The situation now is that the car is veering left - significantly. I can't let go of the wheel period.

During this install I just adjusted the tie bar to the same length as the stock ones since I am confused about how to measure castor.

Hoping to listen to fellow shadetree experts on how to diagnose and correct this interesting occurrence. Dumping it off at Heritage will be a last resort because I am into tinkering with these Minis. __________________ "Are you just going to stand there spiting on the handle or are you going to hoe?"

Reply to
Bad Apple

You are going to get someone to do the setup with 4 wheel alignment equipment. Its near impossible to carry out this at home even to get the toein correct.

Reply to
Rob
8<
8<

Hate to say I told him so, but I think someone (me :-) ) mentioned this to the parent poster when adjustable suspension parts were first mentioned...

Hey - life's about learning, after all.

Have fun,

Phil

Reply to
SpyderMan

Thanks Rob. I will consider doing that once I exhaust (pun) all my shadetree wranglings.

Thanks once again.

Reply to
Bad Apple

Go and f*ck yourself Phil. And I say that with all sincerity.

Reply to
Bad Apple

Poster Veers Right

Oooooooooooooooo touchy touchy

Don't these groups have moderators?

I fear they should

Reply to
Pedro

Poster is a notorious potty-mouth, I'm afraid. They'll be no changing him.

He recently likened me to a "c*ck sucking bitch". Something I have every intention of discussing with him at our club meeting in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
mwalsh

Oh, BTW, he only started this thread here because the same thread was almost entirely ignored over on our club forum. Not very well liked is an understatement.

Reply to
mwalsh

Hi Pedro:

I would have to agree with you on that note.

As such inane comments that re not technical based would have been deleted right of the bat.

Have a nice weekend.

Reply to
Bad Apple

That's a laugh Mike - I posted the thread within minutes of each other. I would have thought a real stalker and a QuickSilverHolic like you would have caught that - lol.

Yah limp twit.

Reply to
Bad Apple

Hi there Mr Bad Apple

You may be a lovely person Mr Bad Apple, but you can, if you will pardon my analysis over a long period, come across as a little offensive, rather rude, surprsingly intolerant, a tad narrow minded, possibly bordering on the obnoxious and I have joined the growing band of people who are not impressed with your antics. I was concerned that you had misunderstood my post, so just to be crystal clear, I thought it would be helpful to spell it out.

My suggestion is that YOU should stop the rudeness and stick to the technical.

I have visited many forums where people just get on with the topic.

I am sure that the New MINI is a fine piece of engineering, but this forum is for the Classic Mini. You know the history, it has been explained to you before, this forum was set up before the New MINI was even concieved, and it wouldn't be easy to change the NG name now that it is so well established. I came here to share my ignorance (and hence learn) about a car I really like, the Classic Mini.

I have no right to tell you what to do, but as a suggestion, if you stuck to the topic, and refrained from hard talk (I understand you get a bit stroppy on other forums also) then we would all be the wiser.

In conclusion (although I suspect you may not quite see it this way) what I was saying was that if this NG had a moderator, then it would be the less savoury of YOUR posts that would be removed. But then again I suspect that you knew that.

This will be my last post to you Sir, and for the good of the NG perhaps others may consider a similar action until you have learned a few good manners?

If I have offended you, then please accept my sincere apologies. I was merely trying to help.

Pedro

Reply to
Pedro

Yawwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Man are you such a bore in real life or just on the net - lol.

Reply to
Bad Apple