electronic ignition

Hello everyone,

Im just posting to see if anyone has fitted Sparkrite Electronic Ignition to their Mini or Metro Ignition and which one is the better?

I'm only asking coz Ive been given a Sparkrite Electronic Ignition thingy and told it still works but the guy doesn't know how to wire it, it has a BIG clamp on it which fits over the coil and a few wires with spade ends on them.....any suggestions if its worth fitting either the Metro or Sparkrite or don't bother with either?

TIA

Matt

Reply to
MiNiFrEeK :)

"MiNiFrEeK :)"wrote

Personally i wouldn't bother with either.

Alot of people say it makes the car "more reliable" but personally as far as i'm concearned it's just something else electronic to go wrong.

Mick

Reply to
Mick

I'll have to disagree.

I use Pertronix here in the states and is the first thing I add to all my Minis.

I am using the Metro one in my Moke now and it works better. No stalling in the rain, no adjustment needed - EVER.

Reply to
Bad Apple

nope, the lumenition system is good if you can still get them,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Anything is better than points....... :-)

Are there any markings on the wires?

I would imagine one wire to each side of the coil and one from the dizzy as a trigger, you would still have points but there wouldn't be any arcing on them so they would probably last a bit longer!

I just use the mg metro dizzy as it is easily available and electronic although the amplifiers do have wierd life spans so I always keep a spare in the car in case!

Polestar is nice if you have 400quid! ( I don't!)

miniman

Reply to
miniman

No markings just colours and a couple of spade ends on 3 of them and 1 which I guess goes to ground?

I looked around on the 'tinternet and found a wiring diagram from a classic car group and the wiring which I followed didn't work.... maybe the thing dont work after all.....no loss

TIA

Reply to
MiNiFrEeK :)