more electrical problems

hi all, more electrical problems i'm afriad, i have a 1275gt i use as a daily driver whilst restoring an estate, my problem is on starting, sometimes the soloniod just clicks so if i put jump leads on it starts up, i have changed the battery and the solonoid but it still happens from time to time, also when starting the car it can struggle to turn over then fires up. could it be an earthing problem?

any help will be appriciated

steve

Reply to
ballbag

Hello Ballbag, ;-) (its a while since I called anyone that) Yes it sounds like the engine earth is faulty, (check the choke and throttle cables are not getting hot, as they are also a earth source for the engine) either replace it or just fit another, anywhere between the engine block and inner wing to bulkhead, as a quick test,,, use a single jump lead ,, clip to the engine and body, observe if it starts with ease, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

nice one fitzy, thanks for that. will try that quick test when i get home

Reply to
ballbag