New RC40 exhaust for Open Classic

Hi,

I need to fit a new exhaust to our British Open Classic, and I want to keep the standard manifold, but remove the cat. I found an RC40 kit on ebay...please can anyone tell me what extra bits I will need to delete the cat?

Here's the link to the exhaust:

I've tried asking the seller but have had no reply, and am in a bit of a rush to replace the exhaust!

Any help very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gary.

Reply to
geepeetee

Better protection if you buy through their web site:

good supplier. Cashman "nite fire" wrote in message news:ObWZe.7242$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...

TC

nite fire

HI, To fit the RC40 you will also need an LCB exhaust manifold amd a separate inlet manifold, preferably a Metro one. The RC40 will not fir directly to the existing exhaust pipe coming from the engine.

.

Try getting in touch with Maniflow of Salisbury, they sell all sorts of cat removing pipes and connections, one thing though you may need to retain your cat for the MOT, I doubt it'll pass without one fitted.

Taffy

QitemZ4578006677QQcategoryZ43122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > >>

Reply to
Taffy

a common misconception - its a british open classic, so no it does not need a cat for MoT. Rover jumped on the CAT "bandwagon" far before the required date, so as long as the Co levels and hydrocarbons are below required, then it['ll pass

RS

Reply to
RS

Hi

Yeh thats right, the guy who always does my MOTs (and also a bit of a mini expert) said from the emmision readings the CAT is doing nothing (except choking the engine) but is still well within the requirements.

thanks for the replies

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee