Newsgroup Account Failure

Hello folks, I haven't been on for a while as my broadband supplier, yes bloody Wanapoo is still giving me grief and after moving house, they still haven't sorted my account out and got BT to change my number yet, so i'm on dial-up at present, well until the 20th when I hope to be back on broadband.

Anyway i'm sending this message via Google Groups as my Outlook Express account has stopped working. Well I've been using that "news/info.net" account as recommended, but now that's stopped working and all I get is an error message saying "502 you have no permission to talk. Goodbye. No server error.

So it looks like i'm stuck with Google, unless there's something else I can do?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

There are free newsgroup servers out there, google might turn up something, or worth asking in another group ?

Reply to
Brownz (mobile)

Taffy, can you get into firefox? It might help.

Reply to
madmax

Correction, Thunderbird. Mozilla website.

Reply to
madmax

Yep! It appears they have realised that lots of people are using their server free of charge. Time to find another.

Reply to
David Betts

Well I can access this newsgroup fine via Google, but it's quicker via my Outlook Express account, so if anyone comes up with another server to use, please let me know?

Reply to
Taffy

Try using this ip as your newserver on outlook (dont use username or password) It has low retention but will keep you going!

222.185.245.245

I can't remember whos server it is but it does seem to hold a few odd groups!

miniman

Reply to
miniman

Okay thanks i'll give that a go.

Reply to
Taffy

Well the good news is it's allowing me to view newsgroups, but the bad news is it isn't allowing me to post any messages. :O(

Reply to
Taffy

Go here

Sorted

The Muffin Man

------------- Get FREE newsgroup access from

The Muffin Man

Okay giving that a whirl now and after inputing my user name and password (never had to do that before) it seems to be downloading the messages. Hopefully i'll be able to post too?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Yes it seems to work fine, thanks Muffin Man!

Reply to
Taffy

No problemo