2004 Cobra Test Drive

Just test drove a 2004 Cobra. It wouldn't start. They said the battery was dead from sitting too long. !!??! Could that be right on a new car? They jumped it and we went on a little spin. It died getting back, and we had to push it in!

Reply to
bip

FUKnA! I'm gonna go sell mine before it dies, too.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the reply, Bob. The question was sincere. There are a few left out there and the price is right. But, do we want one of those?

Reply to
Betty

So it got a bum battery. It'll have a warranty on it. Take the car, make sure they put a *NEW* battery in it (and not just charge that one). Have them check the charging system too, and replace anything out of the ordinary. Doing this at the beginning starts a history on the car, and if you have charging system problems in the future, you'll have an easier time getting the warranty claim to go through. Otherwise, I'd say buy it if this is what you want.

JS

Reply to
JS

Good advise. Thank you.

Betty '92 SVX, 90K, Engine 25K (long story)

Reply to
Betty

Having problems activating newsgroups. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Good advice, JS. Thank you.

Betty, 92 SVX 90K

Reply to
Betty

Having problems activating newsgroups. Sorry if this is a repeat. Getting an error message:

Good advice, JS. Thank you.

Betty, 92 SVX 90K

Reply to
Betty

JS, Thanks for the reply. Good advise. Sorry if this is a repeat, repeat, repeat. I'm having problem setting up my stoopid comcast newserver. Getting this message:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: 2004 Cobra Test Drive', Account: 'netnews.comcast.net', Server: 'netnews.comcast.net', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting Failed ("From" Header not in Internet Syntax.)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Reply to
Betty

Something else is going on there. I know about five new '04's that were picked up after sitting for some time on the lot and they are perfectly fine.

Reply to
Dan

Offer them $20K as is....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Get rid of the M$ garbage program and go get a real mail/news client like Mozilla, Thunderbird, or Xnews. All free and far better than OE.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

yeah,a car battery loses about 1% a day of its charge. If you let it sit for too long with an empty battery, the battery is toast. The only weird part in yoru story is that it died on the way back. Out of gas ? Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Ummm, well, No. Not out of gas. I popped the clutch. What do you expect? I'm just a woman short of one pickle for a full jar. Just enough pickles to be able to put down over half for the loan.

But Still?!!! ...not to start back up! I liked JS's response.

Reply to
Betty

I second that. Personally, I use Thunderbird.

Fao, Sean

Betty,

First, sorry for the smart-ass reply earlier.

From my experience, once a battery has been deeply discharged then it will never be the same. It will never be able to hold a charge like it once could. There are batteries designed to be deeply discharged -- in fact they're call "deep discharge" batteries. Oddly, they're physically deeper than normal batteries, too.

Anyway, don't be concerned. I only drive my Cobra every couple of weeks. Because of this, I keep a "battery maintainer" connected to it so that I won't have the problem you encountered.

My advice -- buy that Cobra. You will love it.

Bob '03 Cobra coupe

Reply to
Bob

So how much did you pay for it? ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Yes on my 2001 GT if I leave the ventilation on it will run down the battery in less than a month. I think the fan runs at a slow speed. So how long did they say the car sat.

Reply to
pete

Perhaps it was this one?

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

That video made me physically sick and actually pissed off. It also makes me think of the following...

A) The car salesman had no balls. Keys would have been pulled the instant moron stopped in the middle of the road to do the burnout, if not before. I can see driving a car hard, and I know many '03-04 Cobras are driven like that, but intentionally running over curbs and blazing burnouts on the street on a test drive is grounds for dismissal from the park. This idiot should be checked out of the gene pool, and I only hope that either Darwin or kharma catches up with him.

B) If I didn't have a real job and things to lose, I'd probably go find those two morons. The lack of respect shown for not only that car, but for anyone who ends up with it afterward, is one of the biggest problems in the US.

C) The salesman shouldn't have let him drive the car with no credentials.

D) These are the types of people who mess it up for everyone else. For every honest person that really wants to see what that car could do and wants to buy it, there's an idiot like that.

Enough venting.

JS

Reply to
JS

I'm not condoning what these guys did, but look at it from the other side for a moment: car dealers (try to) rip people off every single day. Maybe this particular dealer/salesman has some negative karma in the bank and was getting a bit of payback?

A philosophical point to ponder... ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán