open classic roof not closing properly

Hi

(as header) I have tried cleaning the runners and WD40 on the motor, it used to close completely but now the head lining has a half inch gap at the front.

Its not a huge problem but are there ant serviceable parts in the motor (brushes perhaps).

cheers

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

Hello Gary,

Is it still water tight though?

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Hi

Oh yeh its fine, we have just noticed a gap in the head lining at the front as though the motor isnt pulling it as tight as it used to.

thanks

Reply to
geepeetee

Have you got the manual cranking handle, too see if it can be tightened closed a bit?

Jono

Reply to
Barspeed1975

Hi

No we haven't got it. I have noticed there is a plastic cover in the headlining, is the nut for manual operation under this?

thanks

Reply to
geepeetee

Yes, this is the location of the manual winder, if you dont have a crank then a suitably sized alan key will do fine, make sure you dont scratch the headlining!

Jon

Reply to
Barspeed1975