Parcel shelf rail padding

Has anyone removed the parcel shelf rail padding (with the plastic chrome strip) without damaging it (I need to re-use it)

denature the glue, I think perhaps a scalpel blade to carefully release the adhesive???
Has anyone done this and can they offer any tips please?
Thanks

Hi Pedro I think the chrome strip and the back edge of the vinyl is held by small push on clips, rather like the clips that fit under the front and rear seam finishers, or what holds the top chrome outer weather strips on the doors, Fitzy
Thanks for the advice.
I removed the padding from my CE, as it was badly damaged before I got it, and I have repainted the rail. I now have a donor Mini with a good padded dash that I want to fit to the CE - if I can remove it without shredding it...
If it is contact adhesive then I would have thought a new scalpel blade would release the glue if carefully used? I'll give it a try.
I could run the car with the painted dash rail, but I'd like to get as near to the original as possible. I'm not sure padded dash rails are available new still???
I am grateful for your comments.
Just a final thought. I always try to ensure I am replying to just this NG and I disregard anything that seems unrelated to the discussion of the English Mini automobile.
The Heibloems wrote: