Respray

Any ideas on how much a respray should cost me for a yellow city e (resprayed the same colour) in the north wales area.

has had a little bump and needs new door and sill so thought i'd get a full respray while i'am at it.

drone

Reply to
the.drone

Don't go just on price for a respray. A good respray takes a lot of work. A cheap respray can look just what it is. Decide how much trim you want removed and how much will be masked. If something is masked, you will be able to tell unless the spray shop spends hours doing the masking. Hours = £ remember. Then there's the preparation. Do you want the car taken down to bare metal or just a quick top coat blown over? Lots of decisions before you can get prices. I would suggest finding a classic car body shop and chatting to them about just what you want.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I don't know hourly rates your way but here a door and sill job was quoted to me at 9 hours max - to remove & reskin two doors, repair/refit 'a' panels and prime; then firm £600 for full body strip and clean, etch prime and then maybe £400 for the final colour?

I haven't had this work done yet and I'd be interested in readers' opinions on these prices in any case.

Finally, Yellow is a particularly diffuclt colour to spray as it takes only a little bit of contamination to spoil your colour. Orange has been favoured by many because of this problem.

Reply to
TC

My friend has recently had his 2000 sportspack painted, from BRG to pastel blue with a black roof, cost £600, all glass , door handles , bumpers , etc had been removed and refitted by paint shop, under bonnet, door rebates and inside boot painted, we actually took photos of the car in various stages of repair and paint, if anyone is interested in this paintshop, email me for details,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy