Water leaking in

The nearside footwell always has a puddle following a rainy period so it's not the heater matrix (alright when dry) however I have noticed the odd drip coming out of the heater..I haven't a clue where it's coming from or how it's getting to the heater that is if the majority of water is coming from there....I can't find a leak so any ideas, help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Geoff

Drill a couple of 3/16th holes in the floor to let the water out. 1/8 holes bung up too easily.

If you actually want to cure the leak, you could check to see if the drain holes in the bottom of the passenger door are clear. If its not the screen you might have a rust hole somwhere in the bulkhead letting in water. Or it could be splashing in through the wheelarche whilst your driving (found lots of mud behind my dash when I had a hole).

HTH

-anthony

Reply to
Anthony

I had the same problem and after replacing the door seal and windscreen seal i finally found out it was coming in from the top front corner of the roof. Running invisibly down the inside pillar behind the dash and then dripping onto the floor from a different place each day depending on how the car was parked. Ian

Reply to
Doogs

Might be worth checking behind the door trim - I had water coming in the various hole and gaps in the door where it was coming in down past the window. Sorted by taping polythene on the inside and tucked in so water ran down inside and out through the drain holes.

Also, check the inside of the pocket beside the rear seat. I had a problem where a ton of crud had piled up on top of the rear subframe near the forward mount, and had rusted through the bottom of the pocket. Water thrown up by the rear wheel was pour in and running forward into the front footwells.

Gordon Welsh

appreciated.

Another place to look is around the eyeball ventilators behind the dash. The surrounding metal rusts away and water from the front wheels comes in here.

Keith

Reply to
..

Check the window is closed...

:-)

(Sorry)

Reply to
Pedro

Buy a new BMW mini! You won't have this problem.

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Mian

Will be having a look at the areas you have suggested at the weekend...I shall keep you informed as to how I get on!

Reply to
GO

Maybe not, but you will get loads more! K

Reply to
..

Yeah Geoff don't buy a BMW MINI or BINI as we call it, their over-priced, over-rated and over hear and over-laden with faults, Watchdog recently did a report on one that blew up and they got thousands of e-mails from unhappy owners.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

over-priced,

Hi, This is the sickest thing yet!! Corgi have released a model of the Bini to celebrate the 40th aniversary of the Mini winning the Monte carlo. How sick is this! the Bini had NOTHING whatever to do with the Monte.

Reply to
..

not taking the piss of the Bini owners but 2 I have spoken to actually thought the Bini had recently won Monte Carlo rallies, I never burst there bubble either :-) leave them to it,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I agree, let them dream on!!

Keith

Reply to
..

Had a good look today, all areas suggested seem OK. Door drain holes seem non existent - I'll have to get the drill out sometime. Found that the windscreen seal is leaking on the bottom NS corner, trip to the windscreen fitting shop (just down the road) should sort that out....

Reply to
GO

Well the windscreen seals are meant to be self-sealing, but sometimes their not and need some form of adhesive to keep the elements out. I've heard of a few people with late Mini's (twin-points) having their stereo's fry due to water leaks.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

I'd rather drive around with damp feet than drive around in flames :)

Reply to
Jim

lol

Taffy