What would a Kensington cost?

Hi all!

As a proud Mini owner I would like to know what a real Mini enthousiast would pay for the following Mini:

-Type: (Rover)Mini 1.3SPi Kensington 1996

-Colour: Nightfire red.

-Mileage: 47000miles / 76000kms.

-Options: -fully original cream coloured leather seats. -fully electric Webasto sliding roof. -wooden dashboard, black dials and analog clock. -Rover alarm and ignition blocker. -chrome bumpers with overriders. -RC40 centerpipe. -stone guards covering headlights. -4 chrome halogen spots. -Cooper door package (handles and such) -JVC car stereo with wood look front and red LCD display (which can be changedin any other colour). -original 12" "sausage" rims Minilite.

The car is restored in September 2005, in which the complete front was replaced in order to remove rust. It has also had a complete anti-rust treatment. It also is a car in which smoking is prohibited, and the leather is treated with a special leather cleanser twice a year.

Reason for me to know this is just my indication of the value. An independent cars expert will never look at the collector value of a type and just give it a value which is the total of its parts.

Thanx in advance, fellow Mini lovers!!

Muesli, a Dutch Mini lover!

Reply to
Nick Name

We real Mini enthusiasts tend to be a pretty parsimonious bunch ;-)>.

The Mini World family tree doesn't list a 'Kensington' for 1996. Limited editions recorded for that year are the Equinox - sought after for its Amaranth paint job - and the Mini Cooper 35th Anniversary LE. Then the twin point cars were launched later that year.

The records on which this is based are, however, known to be incomplete after 1994. Was this an export model? Is it left-hand drive.

Very nice spec, but I doubt if you could expect to get much more than

3,500 for it in the UK - less if it is left-hand drive. You never know, though. At then end of the day it is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it. Ask a silly price and you might get it.

Regards, David Betts snipped-for-privacy@minilist.org The Mini Gallery:

David Betts

I believe the Kensington was an export model.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

it was on sale here in Holland (kind of luxury version of the British open)

@muesli .. vraag eens een speciale taxateur: bijvoorbeeld - Taxateurs:

- Augustijn Auto Expertise, Ulvenhout, 076-561 30 18

- Autoconoom B.V., Breda, 076-520 62 06

- H.C. Chabot Expertisebur., Den Bosch, 073-503 38 83

- J.Bart de Laat, Tilburg, 013 468 20 21

- Walther de Munnik, Drunen, 0416-37 25 99

- Scanship Holland Makelaar open Engels sportauto's, Weesp, 0294-41 72 76

HTH, Theo van den Bogaard

Reply to
t.a.j.m.vdnbogaard