Tinted windows on 2002 Mini

I just became the proud owner of an Ice Green Mini Cooper and wonder about one 'feature' - it has tinted windows all around - are these OEM?

It has a upper windshield tint band which looks to me like aftermarket - I can see the decal edge. My question is about the legality in my state of these side windows and if they are factory then they are by default legal.

I cannot find the tint option on the Mini site, thanks for any tips

Reply to
mf

nope not OEM but aftermarket, I know in the UK the ONLY windows you can legally tint are the rear side but still have to be maximum 70% (limo black). The rear window can only have a light tint or none at all.

hth

Reply to
MiNiFrEeK :)

Define "tint"? All late model Minis (from about the late 1980s on) came with Sundym glass that had an OEM pale green tint on all peices except the windshield, which had a green band across the top.

Reply to
mwalsh

Mine are DARK. front are a bit lighter than the back but still dark. Standing outside (with no light on inside the car) one can tell that there is a driver inside but really not see much detail.

in my state, MA (US) the standard is 35% - though I don't know what the number means - indeed I don't even know the units! - is that 34% transmission? 35% attenuation?

I'll probably just go for an inspection and find out (the hard way, I fear)

thanks for your help

Reply to
mf