Latest threads in Mini Classic discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Names
AKA Austin Seven and Morris Mini Minor

The Italian Job film showing this weekend - we need minis!
As part of our annual Feast Week, we are showing the Michael Caine/Noel Coward version of The Italian Job in Sutton (near Ely, Cambridgeshire) on Saturday evening and would very much like to have a...

Mini
The production version of the Mini was demonstrated to the press in April 1959, and by August several thousand cars had been produced ready for the first sales

Re: Same old same old
Really? that's interesting! I'm a guitarist of sorts, not a terribly good one, but my youngest daughter is learning keys and my eldest is the singer in an up & coming metal band (think Evanescence and...
2
2

Mini autobox problem
I've just acquired a 1971 Clubman automatic in surprisingly original condition, 48,000 miles which looks genuine. The car has been dry-stored for over two years and now there's no forward drive -...

Historic Car Tax petition
wot?
15
15

proposals to ban or restrict the use of older cars.
older cars to be outlawed sign the petition NOW before its too late

RAV4 Toyota mini...Does anyone know
where I could purchase a RAV4 Toyota mini, moonroof, fabric on roof from center to back, black and white, cutest RAV I have ever seen...Help if you can??? Corinne ( I have only seen one in a yr) why...
2
2

mini 1.3i mpi ambiant sensor
Hi everyone . Does anyone know or have come across this fault code(ambiant air temp sensor circuit) coming up in the ECU fault codes READER. I cant seem to locate the answer to this myself so im just...

Crankshaft
I have 2 old crankshafts (in original packing). I think first might be a 970 S item. Cast no is AEG171 EN40B and second might be 1100 crank. Cast No 12A298 Any experts on old BMC Part nos out there...
1
1

classic cars on show
On Sat 16th June Tthere will be classic cars, lorries, coaches and steam engines on display at the Shareshill Fete & Vintage Fair, Staffordshire. Located just off the A460 1 mile from M6 junction 11,...

colour
Hi guys anyone know the shade of red used on the "RED HOT" model cheers
3
3

Speedo cable
I have just fitted a new speedo cable to my '78 Mini Clubman after much pain and agro. However the replacement I ordered from Minispares recommends a 48" long cable. Which happens to be much longer...

autobox oil
I just converted my 1970 mini 1000 to autobox. I'm not sure what kind of engine oil/ATF normally use by mini autobox. Are they sharing same engine oil like manual? Thank you
1
1

Clutch master cylinder
Judging by the wetness of the push rod on the clutch master cylinder of my '78 Clubman, it looks like I need to overhaul the master cylinder and therefore need to remove it. The Black Book says, in...
9
9