White Roof?

What's the best colour White for a white roof? White diamond, Whit diamond

2, Old English, or some other kind of white?

What are the groups thoughts please

Cheers Martin

Reply to
Martin

It depends what colour the body is, OEW looks good with a BRG met body, I saw a black one with a roof that was like a kind of cream, it looked like a glass of Guinness!

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

Very true, The car will be Tahiti

Reply to
Martin

It depends on the color of the body, but I like the white diamond for dark colors.

SonoMan from Santiago de Chile

"Martin" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@demeter.uk.clara.net...

Reply to
SonoMan

Old English would look nice, there are 2 shades by the way! the creamier one,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I would go for Old English white, Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

We've got one in OEW - Midnight Blue body and one in Diamond White - Black body. I prefer the OEW.

Reply to
TurboJo

the original white for original coopers was called Snowberry White.....if that any help. My MK1 S and 998 are both in Snowberry.

Reply to
Tim

I always thought MkI Cooper, Super (only made for a year or two) and Cooper S had the "Old English White" roofs, where as that changed to "Snowberry White" with the MKII's, but the Cooper S went monotone with the MKIII?

Anyway if the Mini is "Tahiti Blue", is that the mid 1970's BL colour, which I had on my first Mini which was a 1975 MKIII Mini 1000, or is it the mid 1990's onwards metallic version?

So if it's the later metallic "Tahiti blue", then marry it up with the white Rover used, which was "Diamond White", it it's the old BL colour, then you can choose any shade you like I guess.

Here's my first Mini in that colour anyway:-

Taffy

Oh well try this then?

Taffy

Taffy, I think your right, as its the later metallic "Tahiti blue", then I'll marry it up with the white Rover used, "Diamond White". Thanks for the advice

Reply to
Martin

the works colours snowberry white/tartan red

Reply to
Hamish

No I haven't e-mailed Dunlop yet, but I think i'll send them an e-mail now if I can find their address that is. ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Tahiti Blue was first used on Mini's in 1994 - funnily enough on the Mini Tahiti Limited Edition! My sister has one.

The colour of your car might have been Pageant Blue, unfortunately I can't see the pics.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Right I've just e-mailed Dunlop and I was surprised to see that they still featured the Mini 165/60*12 tyres in their tyre availability, didn't say if they were SP Sports though, but I thought these had been discontinued? Anyway Yokohama are generally the best you can get or so everyone claims now.

Oh and as for the Diamond White roof colour to go with Tahiti Metalic, well according to the Mini Cooper Registers "A Buyers Guide" the correct Rover paint code is "NMN". At least that's the paint code used up to the Twin Point Mini's, which don't feature in the guide I have as it's a bit out of date, as I don't have a later one, because I got a bit disalusioned with the MCR.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Looking at the pic's, The Old English white, 1995 version, would look nice, I think there where 3 different O.E whites ,

70s, 80s in to early 90s and 95 onward Fitzy
Reply to
Fitzy

No my first Mini was a 1975 MKIII Mini 1000 in the original British Leyland mid 1970's colour of Tahiti Blue. Mind you my Mini had not long had a face lift, a new front subframe and a complete respray by the time that photograph was taken in the summer of 1985 (well I cut my teeth and had the occasion smash in it) and to be honest the paint job was a little lighter than what it was originally. But yes the name Tahiti Blue returned with Rover in the mid 1990's but in metallic and a much different shade too.

Oh and that Mini Tahiti LE looks stunning Fitzy.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Sorry I meant to say nice Tahiti Blue LE Howard, not Fitzy! ;O)

But this link should have worked anyway?

like I said, it got resprayed and the colour was a bit too lightthen (I do have photo's of it before somewhere mind), mind you thatphoto's been enhanced on my PC too, so it doesn't do it any justiceeither.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

Taffy, Any news on that film you were looking for?

Reply to
Martin

No not a dicky bird from Dunlop as of yet i'm afraid and Gannet Films still haven't got back to me to let me know if they could locate a copy (they did claim it would take some time though).

Mind you I could go and beg the Mini Cooper Register member who has a copy on video, to send me a copy if I sent him a blank tape and pay the postage perhaps? Well I did drop suttle hints about him putting a copy on E-Bay, but he hasn't left anymore feedback on that forum and i'm not begging any member of the MCR for anything as their all a bunch of elitist gits! LOL

Anyway if and when news comes, i'll definitely let everyone know!

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy