1991 3000 GTSL ECU code reader

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can buy a used ECU code reader for my 1991 3000 GTSL. Many listings for OBD code readers on E-bay but nothing specific for the 91 3000 GTSL or 1991 Mitsubishi. It appears as if only the dealers have them

Norm

Reply to
NSN

Well, it should be pretty easy to read a code or your 91. Certainly on all Expo and Eagle Summit with 4G63 both 93 models, all you need is

a) one 4mm 12V (not 5V) red, yellow or green LED costs about $1.50 b) two 50cm lengths of 26G wire c) two small insulated alligator clips It might cost you all of three dollars.

The ECU code is output on the diagonal pins of the ECU diagnostic port under the dash. The ECU code is long and short pulses. Long = 10, short = 1

Hence, error code 43 is 4 long 3 short. The LED will blink. Error codes are output starting with the lowest number eg 12 14 18 23 43. Then the sequence repeats.

You can also use an analog multimeter to do the same.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Your car is OBD1, you don't need a reader, just go into diagnostic mode and then turn the key to "run" or "on and count the EL flashes...just like morse code, long and short. TG

Reply to
TG