1995 Eclipse a/c and power steering out

In my 1995 Eclipse GS non-turbo 2.0 the A/C compressor feel out. It is too expensive to fix, so I'll just go without a/c, but the power steering now does not work. I am thinking that both are linked with a belt or something. Is there a way to get the power steering working with out the a/c compressor?

Reply to
Matt

The belts are separate. Just open the hood and look. From the side, the ps pump is the top left, the alternator is the bottom left, and the a/c is lower right. The power steering should be an easy enough fix. Basically there is probably something with the belt, there's a fluid leak somewhere which you can check easily enough with the fluid dipstick, or the pump itself or a wire connection is bad.

Reply to
Brad