1995 GSX

Hi, I'm not a Mitsubishi owner, however will be using a master cylinder from a 95 GSX (AWD/turbo) as an upgrade, on my 44 year old car. Can anyone tell me which port on the MC serves the front brakes? Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

RJ

Reply to
SilverStude

Always the front brakes are best to be actuated before the rear brakes so the first well to be used would be the one at the front of the piston or the one closest to you as you sit in the drivers seat pushing the pedal.

Reply to
John Carter

I appreciate your comments and fully understand the principles of braking. However, many master cylinders are designed to work opposite of what you state and the rear port (closest the firewall) goes to the front brakes.

Do you have a 95 GSX and did you look under the hood?

Reply to
SilverStude

You are obviously a person of good judgement (because you choose not to drive a Mitsubishi car), so why trust your valuable 44 year old car to be stopped by a Mitsubishi master cylinder?

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

... so you'll not listen to TaTaTroll's words..

LOL

Reply to
Andrea

That's what I said, "the one closest to you as you sit in the drivers seat pushing the pedal."

98 Tsi AWD
Reply to
John Carter

A) I've not chosen to boycott Mitsubishi cars. If the MC has been selected to solve a problem on another vehicle, it's because it fits the research and it physically works. Your assessment of Mitsubishi, has obviously been slanted by a personal problem or problematic car. Unfortunately there must be some in every crowd who experience this type of Karma. You must have P.O.'d the gods for this to happen to you. Repent and you will be saved..

I've already disassembled it and checked out the internals. Mechanicals are mechanicals and there's nothing there to suggest any reaction, other than what you expect.

P.S. I drove the living crap out of a 64 Galant, in Saudi Arabia from

1982 - 1985. If they can take that kind of abuse, they are to be commended....
Reply to
SilverStude

Thanks again - That is the way I proposed to do it. However, I asked this question on a couple forums and the only response was from a "dolt" on the DSM page who advised the front port goes to the front brakes. I will reverse the lines.

Reply to
SilverStude