1998 CARISMA GDI 1.8

My CARISMA have a very annoying RPM oscillation problem. It goes from

400 to 1000 or even more.

It does that all the time while idle. I have noticed that sometimes when I turn on the Air conditioner the oscillations somehow diminish, but not totally. I have a feeleing that it might be the Fuel Pressure Sensor, but I might be wrong.

For me it is quite difficult to buy spare parts for that car as I live in the Caribbean, and that car was out mostly for the European Market.

Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Cheers!!!

Reply to
leo.ccp

Maybe your turd on wheels has an automatic idle compensation valve (usually driven from an ECU signal). These things open and close under command of the ECU to trim the idle speed according to load changes from A/C and alternator. When they get dirty and sticky and give just the symptoms you mention. I don't know about your particular excrement, but if you have one (an idle control valve), remove it and flush it with carby cleaner.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu