2000 Eclipse crazy flashing 'check engine' and 'brake'

In my 2000 mitsubishi eclipse, once in a while, the "check engine" light and "brake" light flash on an off like crazy in no particular pattern while the car is running. The car is in very good condition and runs well. These flashing lights have only happened a few times.

If the lights were consistently, or at least flashing in some sort of pattern, I could probably trace down a problem, but with it seemingly being random, what could it be? Should I be concerned at all?

Thank you!

Reply to
MartyNg

MartyNg

I'd check the charging system could be an alternator going south maybe a lose wire or a dirty battery post that would explain the battery light. Just a guess though bu that's where I'd start.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

Cool. That's what a couple other people have been telling me....alternator or a short in wiring somewhere. I'm going to bring it to a mechanic as I don't have time/skill to track this down. Thanks again!

Chance wrote:

Reply to
MartyNg