2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES L4-2350cc 2.4L SOHC MFI

While driving down the highway at 50mph the car died. Had it towed home. Starter turns over, but not getting any spark. Never a problem with the car before.

Reply to
mustangpoppy

Have you read the trouble codes?

mustangp> While driving down the highway at 50mph the car died. Had it towed home.

Reply to
Nirodac

Did you pull the timing belt cover and look for a broken belt?

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

I received the Po335 code. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor, timin belt, and balance shaft belt. Still no power to the coils.

Reply to
mustangpoppy

I received the P0335 code. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor, timing belt, and balance shaft belt. Still no fire to the coils.

Reply to
mustangpoppy

That is the coil code. Looks like a fried coil.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

My book says that P0335 is " Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit". Did you replace the timing belt because you wanted to, or was it broken. If it's because of a broken belt, are you aware that even though the timing marks line up, the sprocket could be out by 180 degrees.

You can test the crank position sensor by measuring the output as the engine is cranked. You should get a 50% duty cycle signal of about 5 volts. An oscilloscope would be great here, but an analog meter might work on a slow turning engine. The three wires on the sensor are +12 volts (usually red), ground (usually black), and signal output (usually Red Green). The 12 volts is supplied through the MFI relay, so the car needs to be in the "run" position to test. Check for the 12 volts and ground, at the sensor. Are you still getting the P0335 code?

Nobody U. Know wrote:

Reply to
Nirodac