2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS Coupe Dies When I Hit the Clutch

My car runs great usually but in the last week it has begun to die when I hit the clutch to come to a stop. I can start it back up right away as long as I keep the gas pressed. Also, when I?m coming to a stop, I can keep it from dying sometimes if I keep the gas pressed. Any idea what could be causing this and how much it will cost to fix? Thanks

Reply to
justy_jfg

Idle speed controller (ISC). It is a stepper moter that allows air to bypass the closed throttle plate. They usually get gunked up with carbon and sticky gunk. You can try to clean it and hope it fixes it. The part is about 200 bucks and takes about 15 minutes to change if it must be replaced.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know