2002 Montero sport limited with awd

I have the above listed vehicle. I know at some point that when I would remove my seatbelt while driving the truck, the seatbelt warning light on the dash would stay on. I know because others who have driven my truck complained of it, as well as the fact that I remember it happening.

The other day I realized it wasn't doing this anymore -- in fact, if /when I take my seatbelt off, it doesn't come on at all, and it doesn't stay on if I don't put my seatbelt on when starting the vehicle... and I know it used to do both.

It also has an additional problem. When I try to shift from AWD to 4H, the 4H light is supposed to blink and let me know when it has engaged. That's not happening. I know that I can't go above 30, the wheel has tto be striaght, I can't be accerating, and that I cna't have my foot on the brake.

First, can someone with a 2002 Montero Sport validate my concerns about the seatbelt warning light???/ The dealership I took it to after troubleshooting for almost two days is NOW telling me there is nothing wrong with my truck and that I have had them chasing their tail???? I called three others, and they advised that the behavior I was assuming is correct - that the seatbelt light should come on when I remove my seatbelt, and that it should stay on while I do not have my seatbelt on. One of these dealerships is owned by the original one I took my truck to.

You can reply directly to snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Thanks

Reply to
Juice

Went to pick up the above listed vehicle today at 4:00 pm, and was consistently reassured nothign wrong. Got to the dealership and was told for some reason they had pulled the headlight out after I told them unless it was under warranty I would take care of it myself. Turned vehicle on from right where dealership left it parked, and I get the"service engine soon light". So, of course go in yelling and screaming since my truck only has 47,000K miles on it. They get the mechanic to reset it. I restart it again and no light. i drive it home.Noticed of course that instead of just the bright drivers being out, now the regular drivers side is out. (no problem although dealership wanted to charge $38 plus installation, get it for $10 at Discount) Anywya, I get home...shut it off, and then turn it back on again, and I get the light again. I call the dealership and told to bring it back again. I freaked! I was lucky enough to know the GM as a personal friend who sold me and specially ordered the vehicle, so I called him direclty, and was told he would take care of it. Next thing I know Service Manager calls and in short, they are going to come pick up the truck on a flatbed and deliver a rental vehicle. My problem at this point is that I DON'T TRUST THESE IDIOTS TO BE TOUCHING MY TRUCK!!!!!!

Any comments? This, after troubleshooting the electrical system for almost two days.

Reply to
Juice