'93 3000 Stalling

I have a '93 3000GT with 208,000 miles. Love the car, not a bit of trouble until recently. I'm experiencing a stalling problem. It happens infrequently, about once every few weeks. It seams to happen when I'm slowing down for a light, or to take a turn. I break and step on the clutch and the car shuts off like I turned the key. No warning like a rough idle or anything like that. Most times it starts up like nothing happened, and runs perfectly. Occasionally however it will just crank and take a few minutes to start. I've also noticed on occasion that as I break and step on the clutch the tach drops past the 800-900 it idles at, to about 300 or so. Then it steps back up to 900. My mechanic changed the air sensor but that's had no or little effect. In addition, all this happened at the time I had the fifth gear synchro replaced. This may all be a coincidence but I thought I would mention it.

I'm thinking that it's the idle control, but would that also account for the difficult starting? Any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Mitsub3