4G63 DOHC HEAD ON 4G64

Is it a direct swapout to put the 4G63 head on the 4G64 and modify it for all the turbo and everything. Put it all in the `00 Eclipse I got in my garage?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Grassi

No, its not a direct swap out though it can be done. Depending on the head, the stud size may be different. Turbos have dished pistons. Belts and pulleys are different. Hydraulic belt tensioner is probably different. The electrical sensors are different with different connectors. The ECU is different. The aircleaner is different. Exhaust system. Mounts and plumbing for the intercooler. Front brakes are (or should be) bigger for the turbo. You need an oil cooler with suitable mounting hardware.

Put in a better clutch.

Doing the job requires taking the engine out.

Its not a job for the faint of heart or technically challenged.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Go to

and search this is a very common hybrid these days. You can find all kinds of hybrid 4g63/4g64 setups from stroked 4g63's to destroked 4g64's. There is also a 4g64 yahoo group.

Reply to
Simpleton