4G92 16V SOHC COLD START HESITATION

Can someone help me with my engine. Hard to start when cold. Pops and runs on like 2 cylinders. Turn it off and start again and it runs ok. But when driving it, below 2000rpm engine hesitates.Runs perfect above 2000rpm. Could it be dirty injectors, fuel regulator or ignition problem?

Cheers

Reply to
Nat

Just a guess but it sounds like plug wires to me....My old Expo pulls that stunt about every 50000mi and it's always the plug wires. Hint...Buy the Mitsu wires. They last twice as long as the after market types.

Reply to
Outlander

I had the same problem and yes it often will run on 2 or 3 cylinders depending on how many leeds loose/not good. I just went to a pick-a-part and got leeds off that, worked a dream. But my problem was very intermittant and would go away for a month or so. Got sick of it only cost $30.

What year/ model is your lancer? or mirage? is it the FWD liftback GSR?

Reply to
iamjeremy