91 Mitsubish Gallant won't start

Could someone help me to diagnose my car problem. My car won't start. Here are the details:

91 Mitsubishi Gallant (4 Cyl with MPI)

- Fuel pumps works fine

- Fuel filter works and is clean

- Injectors have +12 when ignition is on

- Injectors work when manually energized (Ground applied to other legs)

- Spark plugs work and spark are detected in all Cyls when engine cranks

- ECU does not show any visible damage. No capacitor blown up

- Fuel injectors do not energize when engine cranks (no clicking is heard, no vibration felt)

- I manually engaged the injector for 2-3 sec each to inject some gas into manifold and then I cranked the engine. Engine started and ran for 2-4 second. To me it means gas is not being injected by injectors.

- So far I my diagnosis are that the ECU does not energize the injector

- Called local auto guys to check on ECU. It costs over $300 with special order. Cannot returned it if ECU was not cause the problem. I have to be 100% sure before I buy the ECU.

- I am guessing since ECU is sending sparks to the spark plugs, is not damaged at least not completely damaged.

- Could any sensors to ECU be causing not to fire the injectors? Which one?

- So, what could be the problem ?

Thanks Sam

Reply to
Sam Abdi

Red McGregor

Sounds like you diagnosed your problem by yourself. I would put an ECU in it and also the Idle Speed Control Servo(Usually the cause of a fried ECU).

Reply to
Hyundai Tech

A fried ECU usually makes the ISC chater like mad as soon as the ignition is turned on. You can't miss that sound, it is just too loud. Switch on the ignition and if you hear a mad clicking sound from near the TB, it is the ECU.

-Andy

"Hyundai Tech" wrote:

Reply to
Andy