charoit 94

my turbo sprays oil whilst accelerating, how can i stop this?

Reply to
chelsea

I presume you have a turbo diesel, not a turbo gas engine... You also don't say if the oil sprays out on to the engine or radiator, or into the exhaust (causing lots of smoke)

  1. Lets assume its external spray. The turbo has an in and out oil feed line. Both lines have copper crush washers under the banjo connectors. Take the banjo bolts out and replace the copper washers. If this does not fix the spray, then you have to take the turbo off and inspect the impeller bearings and seals.
  2. If the problem is smoke, take the turbo off and replace the impeller bearings and seals, or get a rebuilt unit.

regards Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS