Clutch Interlock on 2000 Eclipse GT (6ycl)

Has anyone else run into a recurring problem with the clutch interlock sensor (won't start unless the clutch is pressed) on their Eclipse GT? Or any other late model Mitsu for that matter? Recently an on again off again problem until it finally went for good (again). I'm on my 2nd since April

  1. Only $ 44 to replace (again) but the inconvenience of my wife getting stranded somewhere (again) sucks. I can just push start it in 2nd if it happens to me but the wife has a problem with that if it craps (again) out when she's driving it. Did I mention it's happened before? (G)

Also, any idea how to bypass that sucker without alotta electrical work or if there's a fuse I can pull without effecting anything important/major? I know it may cost me a back wall for my garage since my daughter likes to try to start it in gear without the clutch in but just may be worth the insurance risk. Just curious.

Thanks!

Reply to
Altima Esse