Colt-91 ECU problem

Hi all, A customer brought an ecu for a Colt-91. He claims it doesn't drive either injectors or ignition. He also told me that this is a common fault on these cars. I found one leaky electrolytic cap, replaced, but still doesn't operate. Any advice is appreciated,

--- Stefan

Reply to
stefan.toftevall

simpleton

simpleton skrev:

Hi, Thanks for your advice. I will check this out. It was the 100uF electrolyte close to the 5W zenerdiode that was leaky. One question, what are the 4 powertransistors for? Do this engine have sekvential fuel injection or does it drive 4 ignition coils sekventially?

Regards Stefan

Reply to
stefan.toftevall

I believe those are the drivers for the fuel injectors.

Reply to
simpleton

"simpleton" wrote in news:-YGdnenARfRn2wbZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Yea I'd guess the 4 transistors drive the injectors to.

Check the traces under ALL the caps especially the one in the middle of the board, check for continuity. In fact, change ALL the caps. This ECU operates on 5 volts, thats the rail that usually suffers when a trace is compromised. Find the largest cap on the PCB, one side will be ground, the other most likely, 5 volts.

Reply to
Nirodac